EBC’s V D Kulshreshtha’s Landmarks in Indian Legal and Constitutional History by Sumeet Malik – 12th Edition Reprint 2023.
EBC’s V D Kulshreshtha’s Landmarks in Indian Legal and Constitutional History by Sumeet Malik – 12th Edition Reprint 2022.
The new 12th edition of this classic and popular work is a comprehensive treatise on Legal and Constitutional History of India, and has been thoroughly revised and updated. An analytical survey of the recent legal developments and a lucid account of the important phases in the development of legal system in India are the highlights of the book.
The book likewise contains a thorough rundown of the relevant landmark Supreme Court judgments along with succint subject-matter.
This revised Edition has been divided into five parts, viz., Constitutional History of India; Legislature; Executive; Judiciary; and Post Independence Development.
Further, the revising author has systematically arranged and rewritten many parts of this book, expanding on pre- existing topics.
Table Of Contents:
Part I Constitutional History of India
1. Judicial System in India: Ancient and Medieval Period
2. The English Constitution
3. Influence of English Law in India
4. Early Administration of Justice in Bombay, Madras and Calcutta
5. Historical Background of the Constitution
Part II legislature
6. English Parliament .
7. History of Legislation (1772 to 1861)
8. Legislatures of India under the Crown
9. Charter Act, 1833 and Codification
Part III executive
10. The Government under the Crown
11. Civil Administration
12. Principal Services
Part IV Judiciary
13. Mayor’s Courts and the Courts of Requests
14. Inauguration of Adalat System in Bengal
15. The Regulating Act
16. Role of Cornwallis in Judicial Reforms
17. Progress of Judicial Reforms (1793–1833)
18. Establishment of the High Court
19. Privy Council
20. Federal Court of India
21. Supreme Court of India
22. Prerogative Writs in India
Part V Post independence development
23. India Since Independence
24. Rule of Law and Constitutional Developments
25. Odyssey of Justice and Gender